Why not have a go at this light and summery lemon cake and enjoy with Greek yoghurt and fresh berries!
- 115g rapeseed oil
- 245g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 350g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 280g low fat yogurt
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- Black sesame seeds (about 1 tbsp.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4
- Mix the rapeseed oil and sugar, then slowly add the eggs until well mixed. Add the lemon zest, juice and the yogurt.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then fold into the wet mix with the sesame seeds.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased cake tin (approx. 32x24x6cm) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 mins before turning the cake out onto a wire rack.