This recipe is perfect for this time of year when the children are off school… They’re sure to love them, and it will keep them entertained for an hour or two
It makes 12 muffins, so if this isn’t enough, just double the mixture…but don’t forget the secret ingredient.. Just Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil. It makes for a tastier and healthier cake!
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 125ml Just Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Brown sugar
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 375g Plain flour
- 4tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Chocolate chips
What to do next….
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/ gas mark 7
- Place the eggs, Just Rapeseed Oil, vanilla extract, sugars and milk in a large mixing bowl and beat together.
- Sieve the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa powder and flour and stir into the mixture.
- Add 150g of chocolate chips and mix until just blended.
- Line a muffin tray with cases and fill each case to just below the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the muffins and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.